Monday, January 9, 2012

Brazilian jiu jitsu class tonight

Attended class tonight and we practiced side control and a couple of submissions from that position.  Then we drilled that position for time. What we practiced was trapping the far side for a straight arm lock and we also drilled the kimura from north south position.

Last part of the class we rolled as if in a match. This was one of the first rolls I have done for a long time. I felt good and tapped my "opponent" 3 or 4 times in the 5 minute match.

I recently cut way back on coffee intake in the morning and I did not have any coffee prior to the class. I also ate a Skyline hot dog immediately before class. So far this seems to be helping prevent my blood sugar from getting low and making myself sluggish.

Also the home exercises are helping me to keep my core muscles strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment